- API investigators are licensed Private Detectives. We also belong to a networking organization that maintains a direct contact with security professionals and Private Investigators.
- API understands that there are times when information is crucial to have before venturing or taking risks. Often times, the information is needed when dealing with lawyers, accountants, promoters, companies, etc. We send investigators to trace, track and obtain the information in a discreet manner.
- Whether it involves the gathering of information for criminal defenses, investigating individuals for business ventures, locating people or finding assets, our investigators are trained to get you the information you need when you need it.
- We will supply you with detailed and comprehensive reports that can identify and alert you to avoid a problem before it happens or go after those who created them.
Surveillance Investigations using state of the art video and audio recording devices to determine degree of disability, restrictions/limitations, daily activities, employment status, and use of medical aids.
Health and wellness checks, due diligence investigations, locations of persons and property, comprehensive background investigations, past accidents and injuries, disabilities, claims histories, employment history, financial background, educational background, family and residential histories, and criminal background investigations. As Columbus, Ohio private investigators, we ensure the safety of our clients.
- Insurance Defense
- Workers Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Child Custody
Hire a Columbus, Ohio Private Investigator
Contact us if you need a private investigator in Columbus, Ohio.
Columbus Ohio Private Investigation Services
Private Investigations in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas.
- Grandview Heights
- Grove City
- Lewis Center
- Marble Cliff
- New Albany
- Upper Arlington
About API Private Investigations
Learn more about your your private investigator in Columbus, Ohio!
About Our Columbus, Ohio Private Investigation Service
API was formed in 1991, by a group of former and active law enforcement professionals for the purpose of providing better private security and private investigative services to businesses and individuals at affordable rates.
With more than thirty years of experience in the security and private investigations business, API has amassed private and professionally trained associates that combine more than fifty years of law enforcement experience. API recruits and trains top professionals, of which, many have completed years of law enforcement education at local major universities. Most, if not all, of API's associates, have undergone training through the OPOTC (Ohio Peace Officer's Training Council) and all armed officers are OPOTC trained and certified in firearms safety. API offers unarmed and armed patrol and fixed security services, as well as, uniformed and plainclothes officers to meet our clients' needs. API also provides marked cruisers, with GPS capability and patrol cars based upon the clients' needs. Additionally, API offers many other services, including: private Investigative services, covert and CCTV systems and installations, background checks, pre-employment screening, and free security consulting services. API is licensed and certified by the State of Ohio, Public Service Commission and the Department of Homeland Security. API maintains aggregate liability insurance coverage in the amount of three million dollars for the protection of our clients.
API, throughout the years, has provided private investigation services for many "Fortune 500 companies" as well as small businesses and private individuals. API is proud to have been a recipient of the 2010 Consumer Choice Award. Some of API's current and recent clientele include: The City of Columbus, Containerport Group, and Ohio Department of Health/WIC.
Over the years, we have had the opportunity in providing Private Security Training for local Career Centers, Private Corporations to their security teams.
Private Investigator Reviews Columbus, OH
Check out the reviews of our private investigation services in Columbus, Ohio.
Private Investigator FAQ
Ohio requires a license to become a private investigator. They are issued by the Private Investigators & Security Services (PISGS) of the Ohio Department of Public Safety. These are the steps you need to take to obtain a license and seek employment as a private investigator in Ohio:
- Meet Ohio Requirements to Obtain a License
- Obtain the Necessary Education and Training in Ohio
- Submit your Ohio Application
- Take the Ohio Examination
- Start Work as a Private Investigator in Ohio
In Ohio, a private investigator is defined as anyone who engages in the private investigation business. Such a business is defined as conducting for hire any of the following types of investigations:
- Investigations relevant to any wrong done or threat of crime
- To obtain information on the identity, conduct, habits, affiliations, whereabouts, transactions, credibility, reputation, or character of a person
- To locate and recover stolen or lost property
- To determine responsibility or cause of any slander or libel, fire, damage to property, or accident
- To secure evidence that is used in any administration, legislative, or administrative investigation or proceeding
Submit your review
Our camera system was seemlessly installed and the owner Ed Johnston makes himself available for any questions that come up. We are now considering using additional services with API Security. We recommend using them for you business too.
I must say that API Security Services is the best service provider in commercial security. They take all the initiatives to fulfill the needs of home security. It has the best security solution in Columbus, Ohio and they have the most competent security personnel.
I have been working with API Security from the last 2 years. The company has given me the opportunity to grow as a person. They provide training programs which helps the person to learn, grow and perform better at the job. If you are a person who takes responsibility and willing to grow, then there are a lot of opportunities, the company can give you. Working as a concierge, I learned how to talk to people, build connections and solve problems which is a skill that can help me for the rest of my life. I thank you API Security for everything.
I have a review for API Security on Google! You can see it there!
About API's Private Investigation Services in Columbus, Ohio.
API was formed in 1991, by a group of former and active law enforcement professionals for the purpose of providing better private security and investigative services to businesses and individuals at affordable rates.
API, throughout the years, has provided services for many "Fortune 500 companies" as well as small businesses and private individuals. API is proud to have been a recipient of the 2010 Consumer Choice Award. Some of API's current and recent clientele include: The City of Columbus, Containerport Group, and Ohio Department of Health/WIC.