Burglar Alarm System
API Security Services provides quality business and residential alarm systems without the hassle. We can install a new security system or simply monitor your existing alarm at a reasonable rate.
Having an alarm system may decrease the chances of a burglary. Even if the alarm system does not keep a burglar from attempting or breaking in, it may provide the burglar a shorter amount of time to cause damage and/or increase losses.
What Should a Security Alarm System Include?
Our systems rely on a combination of contacts placed at doors and windows and motion sensors. We recommend that all exterior points of entry have contacts that signal the panel when they are open. We do not recommend that motion sensors be used as the primary means of detection because they do not detect someone until they have already penetrated the business or residence.
The basic elements of a standard security system include:
- Control panel: This is where the system wiring to all components is connected, the panel has a battery backup and if you are monitored through a central station, your phone line will be connected.
- Keypad: This is where the system is armed and disarmed through individual passcodes.
- Siren: Installed for two reasons. 1) To deter the intruder 2) Alert anyone nearby that an intrusion is taking place so they can contact the local Police Department.
- Inside motion detector: These sense changes in a room caused by human presence. Special motion detectors are available for people who have pets.
- Door and window contacts: This sounds the alarm when the door or window is opened (and the system is on).
- A central monitoring station: If the system is monitored, and the alarm is set off, the control panel sends a message to a central monitoring station, which is manned 24 hours a day. The central monitoring station will contact the police, fire department, or medics.
Additional items that can be added to the basic system are:
- Smoke detectors
- Glass break detectors
- Panic buttons
- Closed circuit TV to allow monitoring and/or recording inside or outside a home
- Fire Extinguishers
Your custom designed security system is built and installed to your specifications, unique security needs and budget. Using only the highest quality, most reliable and easy to use systems available anywhere, you can rest assured that your security system will provide the most complete protection possible for years and years.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of API’s highly trained staff that will be happy to answer any questions you may have. And remember, having a security system does more than just add protection, it also provides peace of mind knowing that you have taken one more step in safeguarding your business or home.
Call or email us to update your current system or get a free estimate for a professionally installed API Burglar Alarm System.