Security Systems [Columbus, Ohio]
What Should a good Security System Include?
Our home and commercial security systems rely on a combination of contacts placed at doors and windows and motion sensors. We recommend that all exterior points of entry have contacts that signal the panel when they are open. We do not recommend that motion sensors be used as the primary means of detection because they do not detect someone until they have already penetrated the business or residence.
The basic elements of a standard security system in Columbus, Ohio include:
- Control panel: This is where the system wiring to all components is connected, the panel has a battery backup and if you are monitored through a central station, your phone line will be connected.
- Keypad: This is where the system is armed and disarmed through individual passcodes.
- Siren: Installed for two reasons. 1) To deter the intruder 2) Alert anyone nearby that an intrusion is taking place so they can contact the local Police Department.
- Inside motion detector: These sense changes in a room caused by human presence. Special motion detectors are available for people who have pets.
- Door and window contacts: This sounds the alarm when the door or window is opened (and the system is on).
- A central monitoring station: If the security system in Columbus, Ohio is monitored, and the alarm is set off, the control panel sends a message to a central monitoring station, which is manned 24 hours a day. The central monitoring station will contact the police, fire department, or medics.
Additional items that can be added to the basic business or home security system are:
- Smoke detectors
- Glass break detectors
- Panic buttons
- Closed circuit TV to allow monitoring and/or recording inside or outside a home
- Fire Extinguishers
Your custom designed commercial or home security system is built and installed to your specifications, unique security needs and budget. Using only the highest quality, most reliable and easy to use systems available anywhere, you can rest assured that your home or commercial security system will provide the most complete protection possible for years and years.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of API’s highly trained staff that will be happy to answer any questions you may have. And remember, having a home or business security system in Columbus, Ohio does more than just add protection, it also provides peace of mind knowing that you have taken one more step in safeguarding your business or home.
Call or email us to update your current system or get a free estimate for a professionally installed API Burglar Security System in Columbus, Ohio.
Our security systems will include a keypad to keep your Columbus, Ohio home safe!
Prevent burglars from entering your home with a security system in Columbus, Ohio.
API Security provides a security system with central control panel to keep your Columbus, OH home secure!
Keep your family safe with API Security's expert Columbus Ohio security systems!
API Security Systems Monitoring in Columbus, OH
API’s Monitoring Systems Center is staffed by highly trained professionals to provide the finest, most reliable service. The center's team members are trained in all critical situations.
- We offer "live" personnel to answer your call. There is no automated attendant.
- Our equipment is leading-edge monitoring and information-sharing technology; the very best the security industry has to offer. Because of our superior staff and equipment, API’s Monitoring is able to accelerate routine processes and respond to an alarm quickly.
- API’s Security Systems Monitoring Center is fully prepared to handle any situation in Columbus, Ohio.
- Our monitoring center maintains backups for power, environmental control, communications, and computer systems so your service is rarely interrupted.
Leading edge in home or business security systems monitoring in Columbus, Ohio!
24 Hour Columbus, OH Security Systems Monitoring
API provides the best in Columbus, Ohio security systems monitoring 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Security Systems Monitoring
Getting alarm monitoring for your Columbus, Ohio security system is one of the best ways to protect your home from a burglary. Having a monitored security system means that whenever you turn on your security system someone will be standing by watching over your home. And the fact is that you are 3 to 4 times less likely to be burglarized if you have security systems monitoring in your home.
Our security systems monitoring service is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. As long as you arm your security system, then our monitoring station will be notified if your security system is set off for any reason. Plus your security systems monitoring service comes with 24-hour monitored panic buttons. These panics can be pushed anytime day or night, no matter if your security system is armed or not.
Security systems monitoring also reduces your chances of being victimized in your Columbus, OH home. Arming your home security system when you leave your house will greatly reduce the chance of there being someone in your home waiting for you when you return. If you have active monitoring on your security system not only will the siren help scare off intruders but it will also alert our monitoring station to dispatch the proper authorities to check out your home before you walk back in. But remember, security systems monitoring only works if you use it. Be sure to turn on your security system every time you leave the home and at night when you go to bed.
Testing Your Security System for Proper Alarm Monitoring:
You should test your Columbus, OH security system once a week, the whole process only takes a few minutes and it can be done anytime day or night. First and most important, call the security systems monitoring station and put your security system on test. Now arm your security system and wait at least 2 minutes for the system to fully arm before walking around your house. Now walk in front of all your motions and the siren should go off. Also, open some or all doors and windows that have security contacts one at a time. Then you can put in your code and shut off the security system. Now call the security systems monitoring station and tell them you want to check your signals. Our friendly central station operator should be able to tell you exactly which zones were breached.
Columbus, Ohio 24 hour security systems monitoring!
Our security systems monitoring systems keep Columbus, Ohio safe!
Neighborhood and home security systems monitoring in Columbus, Ohio.
Submit your review